Having a first, trailer, episode is a good idea if you want to submit your podcast on directories (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Pocket Casts), as some of them require an uploaded episode before accepting and listing it.
You can also send it to your existing audience to subscribe to your podcast and expect your first episode.
Trailer episodes can be short in length (1-2 minutes), easy to produce and you can announce when your first episode comes out.
To create a trailer episode:
- Login to the dashboard
- Click on your podcast
- Click “New Episode” (like you would on a normal episode)
- Fill in all the information
- On “Episode Type” select “Trailer”
- Pick a release date for your trailer episode (it can be the current date)
- Press “Submit”
- Upload your trailer’s audio file